VictoryVR has partnered with the industry leaders in virtual reality – Microsoft, Intel, Oculus, HTC Vive, and more – to provide effective immersive learning solutions for homeschools.
Virtual Reality Learning with
By Design Science & VictoryVR
VictoryVR’s educational products can bring Kendall Hunt’s By Design Science to life in your classroom!
- 48 Next Generation Science Standards-aligned curriculum units spanning grades 5-12
- Perfect for homeschooling or families looking to reinforce the content learned in the classroom
“People remember information better and have a higher recall when that info is presented in VR (virtual reality) compared to a two-dimensional personal computer.”
– University of Maryland, May ’18
Best VR Education App – VictoryVR’s “Adventures in Space: Black Holes and Beyond”
“Parents and teachers eager to weave fun into learning might consider using virtual reality (VR) apps to deliver educational lessons as play.”
– GearBrain, June ’18
Science Education with the Oculus Go
VictoryVR Science + By Design Science
The Oculus Go is a great VR product for schools who don’t want to spend the $1000 or more for a single PC & headset.
Special pricing is available to SDA schools by entering the codes below
– enter LaunchSDA10 to get $1000 off your order a free Classroom Launcher for the Oculus Go
– enter LaunchSDA5 to get $500 off your order and a free Classroom Launcher for the Oculus Go
The Oculus Go is a self-contained headset, meaning:
- It doesn’t need to be hooked up to a computer
- It doesn’t tie up your cell phone.
The Oculus Go is a great introduction to VR for families to bring immersive learning experiences into their children’s education.
Learn more about the Oculus Go here.
“Students will learn engineering design while standing on The Great Wall of China, photosynthesis in the Redwood Forests of Northern California and earth formation in Iceland. It means that students will get to take apart the human head and understand why they need to protect theirs with helmets. It means chemistry will finally be fun…yes, I said fun!”
– Steve Grubbs, CEO, VictoryVR
“Our students love it! lt’s a perfect for our STEAM lab or for any classroom!”
– Heidi Gilliland, Principal, Buffalo School
Standards-Aligned Science in VR for Homeschools
Each VictoryVR learning unit in our curriculum is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Teachers can seamlessly integrate VR learning experiences with existing lesson plans.
- 24 standards-based units – Earth & Space Science, Engineering Design, Life Science, and Physical Science
- 24 standards-based units – Biology I, Biology II, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science, Engineering & Technology, and Physics
VictoryVR’s 48 educational science units contain a total of 240 virtual reality experiences:
- 48 Virtual field trips around the world
- 48 Interactive edutainment VR experiences
- 48 Experiments and teaching moments with Wendy Martin, national award-winning science teacher
- 96 Stories: VR comic books, animations, movies, and explorative journeys
- 3 standardized multiple choice assessments testing critical thinking skills per unit – self-contained in the headset