A virtual reality alternative to animal dissections developed using state of the art technology.
VR dissections are the ultimate example of user-friendly science education solutions. Unlike classroom dissections, there is no setup required. Just pop on a VR headset, load the program, and you are ready to learn. Because of this, VR dissections can take place anywhere – in a classroom, museum, library, and even in your home.
Virtual reality dissections are a cost-saving alternative for schools:
Currently, animal dissections cost schools A LOT of money. Over a 5 year period, a single classroom can spend the following on dissection costs:
- $4000 to dissect frogs, or
- $5500 to dissect pigs, or
- $14,500 to dissect cats
Dissections using virtual reality technology will cost less than $2500 a year for a full suite of ALL animals.
VR dissections are the humane and smart alternative:
“We are incredibly excited about VictoryVR’s virtual reality frog dissection, the learning experience their team has designed is unlike anything else out there today.”
-Nicole Green, Director, Animalearn
- The most commonly dissected animals are frogs, pigs, and cats
- The removal of frogs from their native habitats can have a dramatic effect on those ecosystems
- Frogs naturally consume many insects; with so many frogs disappearing the insect populations have risen substantially, leading to a greater use of pesticides which can damage the water supply and food chain
- The use of wild-caught frogs for dissection purposes is a contributing factor towards the rapidly declining worldwide frog population
- Many cats of which are bought from international “cat farms” where treatment is not regulated by the USDA
Many states have laws allowing students to choose opt-out alternatives to dissection without being penalized.
VR dissections are completely safe:
- No risk of being cut by a scalpel
- No risk of infection
- No exposure to formaldehyde, a chemical preservative which can damage the eyes and cause asthma attacks and bronchitis.
VictoryVR’s animals dissection models feature:
- A national award winning science teacher – who we have digitized into a hologram – will provide classroom instruction – just like the real thing
- Instruction that follows the Next Gen Science Standards (NGSS) – the same standards more than half the states follow
- Animals that are recreated to the finest detail so that they are a suitable substitute for the real thing in a classroom
- Lifelike physical models mean that animals appear as they would in a real dissection allowing science teachers to feel good about substituting virtual reality for the real thing
- Animals that are represented to scale inside the virtual environment – for example, the heart inside our virtual frog is created to scale
- A full set of virtual dissection tools for users, even a magnifying glass to let you see the detailed inner-workings of a body
- Six-Degrees of Freedom*: Users will be able to interact with the animal and the room around them
*Compatible with the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets