Virtual Reality creates a totally immersive simulation, where employees are guided through real scenarios as they occur. Trainees can use VR to practice essential skills and are more engaged, thereby giving them a better change to retain what they are learning.
According to the Virtual Reality Society, advantages of VR Training include the following:
- Able to simulate dangerous or risky situations within a controlled environment.
- Accurate and realistic simulations
- Cater for large numbers of students over various locations
- Highly visual approach which aids with learning
- Peer review, feedback and ongoing assessment
- Deconstruct complex data into manageable chunks
- Visualization of complex concepts and theories
- Exploration of virtual scenarios as experience for real world scenarios.
- Ensures that learning is fun and enjoyable where appropriate
- Cost effective